Monday, December 17, 2012

Dairy-Free Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream


This is a super easy recipe for dairy-free ice cream! And it can also be vegan if  you replace the honey with another sweetener, such as pure maple syrup or agave nectar. I have never actually tried agave before, but I'm sure maple syrup would be delicious!



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups diced, frozen apples
  • 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 13.5oz can of organic coconut milk
  • 2 tsp raw organic honey (or maple syrup/agave nectar for vegan)

Directions:
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until no lumps remain. Transfer to ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions. I only had to mix mine in the ice cream maker for about 15-20 minutes until it became thick and creamy. (Sorry for the blurry image!)




Such a simple recipe! I have only made this ice cream once, and I felt it was a little too cinnamon-y, but my husband said it could have used more! So you may want to adjust to your preference. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment