Friday, December 21, 2012

Raw Avocado Pistachio Fruit Bowls



When I came up with this recipe I had just gotten my new pineapple corer (thanks mom!!), and what better way to test it out than with a new recipe? :D

It worked out awesome by the way. I had never actually cut up a fresh pineapple before this, but I imagine it would have been a big pain with out my corer. If anybody is in need of one, I recommend this one from Amazon. After having the wonderful sweetness of fresh pineapple, I don't think I will ever be able to go back to the canned stuff!

I encourage you not to judge this recipe by the photo. I know it doesn't look very appetizing, but believe me, it is!  It has that wonderful creaminess from the avocado, a little tartness from the cherries, the juicy sweetness of fresh pineapple, and the crunchiness of pistachios...all in one! If you like avocado and pineapple, I'm sure you will love this.



Ingredients:
  • 1 Large ripe avocado, halved, pit removed
  • 1-2 Rings of fresh pineapple, core removed
  • 5-6 Fresh cherries, halved, pits removed
  • 10 Pistachios, shelled
  • One slice of lime (I used the end of a lime, you only need juice)
  • Pinch of salt (optional, do not use if using salted pistachios)

Directions:

Cut pineapple ring into 8-12 small triangular pieces and place in a small bowl with the cherry halves. Slice the avocado criss-crossed in the shells and scoop out with a spoon so you have cubes, add to bowl with fruit. Juice lime slice over bowl and add salt if using, stir to combine all ingredients. Mix in the pistachios, and that's it! A delicious healthy dessert for two (or one if you don't feel like sharing :P). If you want to be fancy about it, scoop half of the mixture into each leftover avocado shell and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment